Intermediate Children's Choir Leader (Grade 3 - 6)
Title: Intermediate Children’s Choir Leader (Grade 3 through Grade 6)
Hours per week: Average of three (3) hours per week during program year (September through May)
Job Compensation: Dependent on Experience/Qualifications
Contact: St. Paul Lutheran, email@example.com, (717-626-4709)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead one Sunday morning choir rehearsal per week during program year toward participation in worship, in consultation with pastor, Children’s Minister, Director of Traditional Music, other choir leaders, and/or the worship and music committee.
- Actively invite and encourage new members.
- Develop an understanding of music as an integral element of worship.
- Provide an atmosphere of musical learning, faith growth, and mutual care.
- Purchase music and music supplies in consultation with Director of Traditional Music, limiting expenditures to the amount provided in the church budget.
- Have the ability to work well with others.
- Have enthusiasm about children’s music ministry and enjoy working with this age group.
- Demonstrate musical competence.
- Serve as a character role model for the choir singers and maintain confidentiality.
- Exhibit high energy, flexibility, and spontaneity along with ability to function with clear vision and purpose.