St Paul Endowment Fund
The Saint Paul Evangelical Lutheran Church Endowment Fund was created in December 2001 in order to foster, receive and administer bequests and donor gifts for the glory of God and for the ministries of Jesus Christ.
The St. Paul Evangelical Lutheran Church Endowment Fund was created in December of 2001 in order to foster, receive and administer bequests and donor gifts for the glory of God and for the ministries of Jesus Christ.
Managing the Fund
The Finance Committee is the custodian of the investments of the fund. They oversee the fund investments in accordance with the stated investment policy approved by the congregation council. Each year 5% of the fund's total value is available for disbursement.
The Endowment Committee determines how this disbursement is allocated. Each fall people apply for grants. The committee meets toward the end of the year to determine distributions, usually given in the new year. 25% must be given for outreach; 25% must be given for St. Paul projects; the remains 50% is determined by the make-up of the requests for that year and the decisions of the Endowment Committee.
In 15 years, the fund has distributed over $275,000.
Over $106,000 to local, national and international programs
Over $18,600 to the Lower Susquehanna Synod and the Gettysburg Seminary
Over $11,600 to Mission Trips
Over $14,400 to ELCA Programs
And over $59,200 to the facilities and programs of St. Paul's, including $33,000 to reduce debt reduction this year
Click here for a summary of this year's distributions.
The above photos: Kanga Lutheran Church in Tanzania (our partner congregation); Food for Lititz Warwick Community Chest; Blankets for Lutheran World Relief; are all examples of ministries the Endowment has supported over the years.
Giving to the Endowment
Considering a gift to the Endowment Fund is a matter of faith and stewardship, so you may want to talk to a pastor about your decision. It will be helpful to consult with your financial advisor and attorney for certain types of gifts.
- Gifts given during your lifetime may mark a special occasion, or contributions can be made at anytime
- Memorials in the name of a friend or relative perpetuate the memory of loved ones.
- Tributes can be offered to loved ones on special family occasions such as a birth, baptism, wedding, or anniversary
- Special thank you gifts are appropriate after recovering from surgery or illness.
- Bequests will be a lasting gift upon passing. Your attorney or financial adviser can be helpful in planning your estate to remember our Endowment Fund.
- Gifts can come in a variety of forms: Cash, Securities, Real Estate, Other Property, Bequests through Wills, Gifts through Trusts, Individual Retirement Accounts, Life Insurance Gifts, Charitable Gift Annuities and Charitable Remainder Trusts
- If you'd like to learn more about how you can make a gift to St. Paul Evangelical Lutheran Church Endowment Fund or if you simply have additional questions, contact Pastor Rob Myallis by email or phone at 717-626-4709.